Welcome to Day 1 of the Thyroid Healing Challenge!
Today is the day we start taking charge of our health by taking care of our bodies. This week will give you a taste of how.
Day by day, we will learn how to tune into our bodies and calm the autoimmune attack and inflammation that cause our symptoms.
- Day 1 Meals
- Thyroid Healing Step: Eliminate trigger foods
- Meet me in today’s TikTok Live: 7:00 – 8:30pm, Eastern time!
- Challenge Links, Archives, etc
1. Day 1 Meals
Which recipes did you decide to try? Which was your favorite? Take pictures and post them in the Facebook group under the Day 1 thread!
2. Thyroid Healing Step: Eliminate trigger foods
The first step in getting rid of the awful symptoms that plague us is to stop doing things that trigger our immune systems. When our immune systems are triggered, we get inflammation throughout our bodies and a more aggressive attack on our poor thyroids.
Think of it like trying to empty an overflowing bathtub with a cup–if you don’t turn off the water, you’re not going to be very successful. So we need to turn off the flow of inflammation first.
What are the triggers that cause our immune systems to overreact?
Unfortunately they are the very things that are common in the Western diet: gluten, soy, dairy, grains. All of these are both irritating to the gut lining when we eat them and triggering when they ‘leak’ into our bloodstream.
All of these are both irritating to the gut lining when we eat them and triggering to our immune systems when they ‘leak’ into our bloodstream.
And you DO NOT have to have antibodies to these foods or have them show up on a food sensitivity test for them to be wrecking havoc in your body.
This week is your opportunity to feel what it’s like to remove those triggers from your diet.
But this lifestyle is about healing, NOT deprivation!
Tomorrow, we’ll talk about all the delicious NOURISHING foods and ingredients we’re adding to help our bodies heal.
This week is your opportunity to feel what it’s like to remove those triggers from your diet. But this lifestyle is about healing, NOT deprivation! Tomorrow, we’ll talk about all the delicious NOURISHING foods and ingredients we’re adding to help our bodies heal.
3. Meet me in today’s TikTok Live: 7:00 – 8:30pm, Eastern time!
Today, MONDAY November 14, I will be LIVE on TikTok from 7:00 – 8:30pm Eastern time.
For the first day of the Challenge I will host a 90 minute TikTok Live for Challenge Participants. Join early and let me know in the comments that you are part of the Challenge and I’ll try to answer your questions FIRST.
On Tuesday to Friday, the Lives will be one hour. I’ll announce the time of tomorrow’s live in the next email so check them out!
4. Challenge Links, Archives, etc
- Don’t worry if you can’t find an email. All Challenge emails, materials, etc. will be available each day on this Archive Page on my website shortly after they are sent out. (Please do not share this link with anyone who hasn’t joined the free challenge).
- I will also post links to each day’s TikTok live on that page (but please be patient – downloading from TikTok and uploading to YouTube or elsewhere sometimes takes time)
- It’s not too late to join! If you know of anyone who could benefit from this Challenge, they can still register here.
Here’s to a happier healthier you. See you online!
Coach Danielle Meitiv, M.S.
Facebook: Coach Danielle’s Thyroid Solutions Group