It is so important for people with Hashimoto’s and other autoimmunity to eat nutrient-dense foods to heal their bodies.
Smoothies can be a part of a healing diet. I usually recommend that people eat – not drink – their food because chewing sends important digestive signals to our stomachs. However, people with Hashimoto’s and other autoimmunity often have leaky, damaged guts and difficulty absorbing nutrients from their food. A well-made smoothie can help.
NOTE: I add an organic greens powder rather than mixed greens, kale, etc because, while those foods are wonderful, they can be irritating to the stomach or gut if they’re not well-chewed.
Below I include the specific brands that I use and links to purchase them on Amazon, but you can use others.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases).
Here is the recipe for my fav Thyroid Healing Smoothie:
(I put the ingredients in the smoothie in this order–powders, oils, berries, milks–so that everything blends well).
- 1 cup organic berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc. or a mix)
- 1 scoop grass-fed collagen powder (Anthony’s Collagen Peptide Powder)
- 1 scoop organic greens powder (Peak Performance Organic Greens Unsweetened Superfood Powder) *
- 1 teaspoon organic non-GMO beet root powder (Anthony’s Organic Beet Root Juice Powder)
- 1.5 teaspoons hemp oil (Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Unrefined Hemp Oil)
- 1.5 teaspoons MCT oil (Nature’s Way Organic MCT Oil From Coconut)
- 2 Tablespoons organic coconut milk, BPA-free cans (I like to stock up: Native Forest Simple Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk, – Pack of 12)
- 1 + cup nut milk (almond, cashew, macadamia) – as much as needed to get the consistency you like
- Dash of powdered ginger
- Dash of turmeric
(Optional – if/when if I have either/both of these )
1/2 diced organic cucumber
I often have this smoothie for breakfast or lunch. Enjoy!