Yesterday, we kicked off the May Thyroid Healing Challenge and the response has been INCREDIBLE!
More than 3200 people are registered for the Challenge. Our Facebook group has grown to 2500 people and more are joining by the hour. People are asking questions, posting pictures, and helping each other.
Such an amazing community going through this TOGETHER.
How did yesterday’s challenge activities go for you? Did you notice any changes in your energy or symptoms after meals? Of course, it takes time for things to really change, but tuning into your body is the best way to discover exactly what you need to do to heal.
Don’t worry if you weren’t able to jump in yesterday – you can start today!
Day 2 Overview:
- Day 2 Meals: Try a few of the yummy healing recipes and, if you have some, last night’s leftovers can work for any meal!
- Thyroid Healing Step: Nourishing with Healthy Proteins & Fats
- Meet me in the Facebook Group for a Facebook LIVE @ 7pm Eastern: Tonight focus on the hows and whys of this diet & answer your thyroid health questions.
- Challenge Links, Archives, etc.
1. Day 2 Meals
Did you start your day with lemon water? Something else? What’s the plan for breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Have you tried any of the snacks?
Take pictures and post them in the Facebook group under the Day 2 thread!
2. Thyroid Healing Step: Nourish with Healthy Proteins & Fats
The suggested recipes for this challenge are high in healthy fats and protein, much more than in the Standard American Diet. For those of us who have been bombarded with messages about the “dangers” of fat, it can be hard to embrace eating like this.
You may be surprised to learn that the so-called “conventional wisdom, or “what everyone knows” is not based on science. Yup, the advice that your doctor gives about how to “eat healthy” has more to do with the politics of the food industry than actual knowledge about what the human body needs to thrive.
Protein is essential for healing injuries, including our damaged gut lining. Adding more protein to your meals helps control hunger hormones. Protein is also critical to synthesizing hormones as well as neurotransmitters. Eating protein helps you build and maintain muscle, which lows your risk of many diseases and helps to boost your metabolism.
Animal products are the best sources of complete, easy-to-digest protein. Plant proteins don’t come close and come from sources that are triggering to your immune system: eggs, soy, dairy, grains, and beans.
Fat is not only safe but CRITICAL for health, especially for those of us with thyroid problems and adding more dietary fat to your meals can help you lose body fat. Paradoxical, I know, but true.
Fat is a very efficient fuel source for your muscles, and especially your brain. Healthy fats like avocado, olive, coconut and animal fats make you feel full longer and give you a steady source of energy, avoiding the highs and lows that come with carbs. Relying on fat as a primary energy source has a powerful antioxidant effect, which lowers systemic inflammation.
How did Day 2 of the challenge go? The writing exercise above? Have thoughts to share or questions for me? Post them in the Facebook group!
I’m in the Facebook Group most of the time and will host a Facebook Live at 7:00pm EST to go more in-depth about today’s Challenge activities and to answer your questions.
4. Challenge Links, Archives, etc
- If you haven’t already, join the Facebook group.
- Don’t worry if you can’t find an email. All Challenge emails, materials, etc. will be available on this Archive Page shortly after they are sent out. (Please do not share this link with anyone who hasn’t joined the free challenge).
- It’s not too late to join! If you know of anyone who could benefit from this Challenge, they can still register here.
Here’s to a happier healthier you. See you online!
Coach Danielle Meitiv, M.S.